Community-Supported Agriculture in the Triangle Area!
Elysian Fields Farm, located in Northern Orange County, offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. A CSA program markets its produce and fruits directly to the local community, while allowing for the community to directly support a local farm. Members purchase a share from the farm prior to the growing season. The farm then supplies the families or individuals with fresh seasonably grown produce once a week, each week, for the length of the growing season. The weekly distribution consists of a wide variety of crops, which varies depending on what is in season as well as individual crop success.
The farm will be entering into it's 17th season of production in 2017! Individually run with the aid of seasonal interns and local labor, the produce is carefully grown using only natural and sustainable methods. You can also find us at the Carrboro Farmer's Market, March through October, Wednesday afternoons from 3:00-6:00pm and Saturday mornings from 7:00am-Noon. Please let us know if you have any questions, we look forward to hearing from you!
- I have thought often of you this spring and summer with deep gratitude
for what you provide for our community and specifically my family!
We love everything we've gotten --
our most favorite being the cherry tomatoes, snap peas, arugula,
green beans, peppers, cucumbers, just to name a few.
Every week my kids come with me to pick up our box and they are so
excited to discover what surprises we have in store. I feel so happy
that they have a relationship with a farm that can help them understand a
little more directly our connection to where our food comes from.
Thank you again for the gift of local, organic produce you grow for us.
You are often mentioned in our dinnertime blessing!
- Joanne Belanger, regular share member since '01
- We've been CSA members with Elysian Fields since before my son was born (he's 9 now). The shares have lots of variety....(the farm) strikes the perfect balance between introducing us to new veggies and making sure we have veggies we already love! We love the weekly newsletters that let us know what's going on at the farm and give us recipes and preparation hints. We love Elysian Fields!
Susan Bickford, regular share member
- The fact that I have been a client of Elysian Fields Farm for more than 10 years says it all. I love the weekly surprise of what is in my box. I love the freshness of the vegetables. And on top of that I have learned a lot. I have eaten vegetables that I did not know existed, or that I did not care for previously. Keep up the good works!
Dina Schreinemachers, regular share member
- We have been a member of Elysian Fields Farm CSA for over a dozen years. We joined Elysian Fields in its second year. Obviously, we are VERY satisfied with this CSA. If we had to leave the CSA for some reason, it would be be like losing a family member.
- Steve Marshall, full share member
- Elysian Fields produce is both picture perfect and delicious. The weekly box contains a wide variety spring to fall....I could go on and on and on.
- Karen Powers, regular share member